Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Aug. 4 – Aug. 10
- Nooksack prepares for a week of closure Aug. 17- Aug. 21st for deep cleaning and the installation of UV air scrubbers in government facilities. This impressive project is being provided by COVID-19 funding to insure safer working conditions for Nooksack employees.
- Nooksack Tribal Council approves fall school checks for students, regardless of in-person or virtual classes. It is expected that students will need supplies either way.
- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) coordinates the purchase of mask packs for all Nooksack youth, which will be distributed this fall. Limiting COVID exposure through children is important.
- NPRT discusses local school district updates for planning youth and early childhood education for the fall with the hope that a vaccine will be available soon.
- NPRT is joined by Nooksack Casino and Market Center to unify COVID-19 response within the Tribe. Employee safety is discussed including out-of-state travel and the availability of employee resources such as the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- Directors and enterprises will be working on detailed exposure plans for each department.
- Departments are finding creative ways to meet and get work done in COVID-safe ways.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.