- With confirmed positive COVID-19 cases within the Tribal community, the Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) emphasizes masking and distancing. Most cases are spread between friends, neighbors, and relatives. Masking is a personal responsibility and a way of honoring and protecting others.
- The Nooksack Clinic has done an outstanding job in managing COVID-19 cases within the community. All known direct contacts have been tested and are in quarantine.
- The Clinic received and installed the specialized ultra-cold medical freezer to hold the anticipated COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 vaccines are estimated to arrive 12/28/20 for Nooksack healthcare workers.
- The Tribal Council accepts the State of Washington Department of Health vaccine prioritization. The Council supports vaccine access for ALL Nooksack Tribal members. Native Americans are disproportionately impacted and have increased risk to COVID-19.
- On 12/14/20, the Nooksack Tribal Council approves an Emergency Distribution to all enrolled Tribal members, regardless of age, to mitigate further spread of COVID-19. No action is required. All checks will need to be cashed immediately, prior to 3/15/21, and no checks will be reissued due to funding restrictions.
- The Tribal Council approves $10,000 in additional funding for the Nooksack Uluquance house homeless shelter for necessary appliances and basic household supplies.
- The Nooksack Clinic distributes COVID relief kits to registered diabetic patients.
- The Social Services Department works to shift its food distribution services under the new Shelter in Place Order and announcement of positive COVID cases within the Tribe.
- The Elders Program reports an increase in spending for COVID-19-related response, including additional food expenses, a driver, and a cook.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.