Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments June 15 – June 22
- The NPRT begins to reassesses staff COVID-19 exposure protocols while serving the community during Nooksack’s safe return to work, with special attention to Health Clinic staff and service.
- The Health Clinic works to identify patients who are at high risk and in need of additional masks.
- Social Services also begins to hand out masks to those in need during distribution events.
- Tribal Council approves School-Age Chromebook Assistance Program Policy on 6/16/20.
- Administration and I.T. work to launch Chromebook application program for Nooksack youth to access summer education resources, youth programing, and other necessary services.
- The Administration Department works to support students and families including administering a survey to gather feedback, in an attempt to assess needs for the summer and fall.
- Leadership distributes WiFi hubs in Nooksack’s Five Cedars with poor or no internet service.
- The Tribe works to assess broadband service on all Tribal lands through an online survey.
- The Education Department hosts a safe drive-thru Moving On Ceremony on June 19th for Nooksack 5th and 6th graders moving up to Middle School and Junior High
- 300 garden kits were assembled and delivered to Nooksack Tribal families as part of Nooksack SAMSHA Drug and Alcohol Prevention Youth Program to promote healthy living.
- 226 lunches are delivered to eligible recipients by Social Services.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.