Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments June 2 – June 8
- As Whatcom County is approved to move into Phase 2, the Nooksack Pandemic Team stresses maintaining physical distancing, mask-wearing, and essential travel only. NPRT discusses what would trigger subsequent steps if an outbreak does occur in community.
- Leadership sources and begins distribution program for WiFi hubs in Nooksack’s Five Cedars houses with poor or no internet service. WiFi provides crucial connectivity needs such as education, telehealth appointments, and other pandemic, health, and emergency notifications.
- The Administration Department is working on how to support students when it is time to return to school, and working on projects to help with social-emotional welfare of our youth.
- The Administration Department is working on projects to support membership households.
- Homelessness Task Force is working on how to help mitigate COVID-19 dangers for our members experiencing homelessness.
- Northwood Casino opens with a safe start on June 1. There has been positive feedback from the community on the safety implementation performed by the Casino, including a safe and easy guest entry process and the installation of Plexiglas dividers.
- Social Services continues to provide double the amount of food vouchers each month due to COVID-19 hardships.
- Social Services provides additional farm fresh fruit bags to Nooksack Food Bank boxes.
- Social Services delivers 281 meals to elders and eligible recipients this week.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.