Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments June 23 – June 29
- Gov. Jay Inslee issues a state-wide mask directive beginning June 26 ordering face masks as a requirement for public settings and outdoor settings where physical distancing is not possible. Tribal leadership works to respond to support the order by continuing to offer cloth masks and sharing information to Tribal members. The NPRT looks into sourcing additional face shields.
- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team assesses what a spike in local cases would cause triggers in certain situations for the Tribe, such as staff coverage in the case of an outbreak.
- NPRT compiles and reviews the community student support survey. Nooksack staff and departments will be taking several actions based on parent feedback to support students.
- Leadership continues to look ahead for when school will be back in session for fall.
- The Health Clinic is acquiring a mobile medical unit for testing sites, immunizations, etc.
- The Tribe receives a generous grant from PSE for emergency food during COVID.
- The Nooksack Tribal Library receives CARES funding from the Washington State Library for PPE.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.