Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments May 19 – May 25
- The Nooksack Tribe receives $8 million in overall Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds. The CARES Act funding provides a critical infusion of supplemental funding as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. The CARES Act funding and tribal resources will provide essential services to help prepare and respond to the pandemic, ensure continuation of tribal services and operations, and provide aid to individual tribal members. An outline of how these funds are being used can be found on our website.
- On Tuesday May 19, the Nooksack Tribal Council approves a $1,000 Emergency Assistance distribution to each Nooksack Tribal member. Under the circumstances, staff will do their best to mail out checks by June 1, 2020.
- Nooksack Tribal government staff testing began this week with 118 tests collected in one day.
- Northwood employees are being tested this week.
- Continue sharing information to encourage mask wearing in tandem with Whatcom County’s Directive for everyone to wear cloth face coverings in public started Friday, May 22.
- Leadership works to clarify protocols for government employees that are over 60 and for employees that are immunocompromised, as part of the safe start back to work plan.
- Leadership coordinates the availability of Community Building showers for those who need it.
- Social Services continues to distribute food vouchers for those in need.
- Social Services acquired a new freezer to accommodate additional emergency food.
By the numbers May 19 – May 25
- $8 million in COVID-19 relief funds
- $1,000 distribution to all Nooksack Tribal members
- 311 COVID-19 tests have been collected, with no confirmed cases
- 118 tests collected by the Nooksack Clinic in one day
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.