Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments May 26 – June 1
- Staff mail the Emergency Assistance distribution to each Nooksack Tribal member. This is the third Emergency Assistance distribution approved by Tribal Council to alleviate the impacts of COVID-19.
- Northwood Casino employees complete their drive-through COVID-19 tests with the Health Clinic, in preparation for a safe opening. Safety protocols are enacted at the Casino including training, cleaning, distribution of face masks, and the installation of plexiglass dividers.
- While the state of Washington begins its Safe Start phased opening, Nooksack leadership works to mitigate risky COVID-19 behavior within the community by further promoting physical distancing, mask-wearing, and healthy remodeling.
- The Health Department launches several programs to promote health and well-being during COVID-19 including a Smoothie Kit Program tied to telehealth appointments with the Clinic, a Virtual 5k fitness challenge, COVID-related literature for elders, and a new garden box program.
- Social Services hosts an additional Food Bank for the month of May for those in need.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.