Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments May 5 – May 11
- The Nooksack Tribal Council approves an extension to the Shelter In-Place Order effective until noon May 31, 2020. Measures and restrictions are still in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
- Nooksack leadership and directors, in coordination with Health Officer Dr. Frank James, develop a detailed plan for re-opening governmental offices and services involving monitoring, increased testing, and contact tracing, as well as the preparation of additional space and critical equipment. Restrictions are planned to be lifted in stages as it is seen safe to do so.
- Staff gradually begin returning to work to provide essential governmental services to the community. Departments operate on staggered shifts and/or work from home to protect both the staff and the public. Restrictions on office safety are introduced.
- Masks and sanitization supplies are distributed to each returning staff member.
- NPRT explores methods to source additional food for its members such as home delivery and ways to address the current meat shortages.
- NPRT explores options for internet access and identifies the increased need for broadband.
- Health Clinic nurses are appreciated for National Nurses Day on May 6 amid COVID-19
- Housing and Homelessness task-force meet this week to look into how to support those experiencing homelessness, especially during COVID-19 and transitioning from incarceration.
By the Numbers May 5 – May 11
- 500 cloth masks are sourced for Nooksack employees to have safe working environments
- 250 bottles of hand sanitizer are purchased for staff work stations and government offices
- 100+ Food Bank boxes were distributed by Nooksack Social Services to families in need
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.