- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) and Health Clinic initiate staff testing after the holidays. All employees will be tested prior to return to work after both Thanksgiving and Christmas. A new form of batch testing will be utilized, which is the same quality of testing and much more cost effective for the Tribe. During this time, the Tribe will operate on essential staff, with all Tribal offices remaining open.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Community Outreach Coordinator, open until Dec. 9. This salaried position will be in place for 2 years. The position is a great opportunity to learn about medical careers and work doctors and nurses in the vaccine study.
- Health Officer Dr. Frank James organizes Nooksack COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Question and Answer Session for Nooksack Tribal members. Materials will be made available for public viewing.
- The new WA Notify app allows citizens to receive anonymous phone notifications if they come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. The app does not use location services, but rather, shares a Bluetooth code with other cellphones using the app.
- The NPRT discusses the pros and cons of the standard PCR COVID-19 test vs the new rapid test.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.