- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) notes the increase in COVID-19 cases locally and nationally. Cases are expected to increase this fall with holiday gatherings, indoor activities, and expected COVID fatigue. All Tribal members are encouraged to use caution when gathering for the holidays.
- NPRT prepares for the fall by making sure COVID-19 procedures, appropriate staffing, and operations for essential staff during inclement weather are in place.
- NPRT is currently preparing an isolation and quarantine policy, in anticipation of Nooksack families in need.
- The Nooksack Clinic receives funding for its new expanded drive-through medical tent, which is now in place for COVID-19 testing.
- Progress is made on the vaccine trial preparation and staff hiring process to support the work.
- The Nooksack Clinic looks into the purchase of an ultra-cold freezer to store COVID-19 vaccines.
- The staff Pandemic Policy is updated to include guidelines on out-of-staff house guests, says a memo from Nooksack Health Officer Dr. Frank James.
- The Nooksack Fitness Center Pandemic Policy is approved. The Fitness Center will begin opening soon under new guidelines and limited capacity.
- Household Disinfectant Kits are distributed to Nooksack families. Social Services delivers 119 Disinfectant Kits to those eligible in Whatcom County. Another distribution day is coming in the near future in combination with a flu vaccine clinic.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.