- Nooksack has its first confirmed positive case of COVID-19 on Sept. 10, 2020. The first case was a non-Tribal member employee who resides outside of the Tribal community. Contacts were tested yielding no further positive cases. Lona Johnson, Health Director, states that this is evidence that our Pandemic Policies and protocols are working.
- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team will continue to update the Pandemic Policy in answer to current circumstances and taking into consideration cultural events.
- Staff mail checks for the 4th COVID-19 Emergency Distribution in the amount of $500.
- Nooksack releases the COVID Food and Utilities Assistance Application. The application is available online and was mailed to each household. All enrolled Tribal members 18 years and older are eligible. This funding is provided by a grant from the federal CARES Act. Applications are due Sept. 23, 2020.
- The Uluquance House is undergoing renovation to serve those experiencing homelessness in the Nooksack community. The project is provided by CARES Act grant funding.
- Staff assemble and prepare to mail Mask Packs to all enrolled Nooksack youth. No action required by families to receive these washable masks.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.