Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response for August
- The Nooksack Tribal community is experiencing an increase in COVID-19 cases. It is expected that the Delta variant is the predominant strain across the US, which is more than 2x as contagious than the original COVID strain.
- Make sure to get both doses of Pfizer (now FDA approved) and Moderna (FDA emergency approved). All unvaccinated Tribal members 12+ are encouraged to call the Clinic at 360-966-2106 or request an appointment online by filling out our contact form.
- COVID-19 testing takes place at the Nooksack Health Clinic from 1:30-3:00 pm most afternoons, with no appointment required. Call 360-966-2106 to confirm.
- Breakthrough cases have occurred within the Tribe for vaccinated people. Vaccines do protect individuals from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, or dying. Most of the positive cases are for unvaccinated individuals.
- The Nooksack Tribal Council approved a Vaccination Incentive for all enrolled Nooksack members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you were vaccinated at the Nooksack Health Clinic, no action is required. If you were vaccinated elsewhere, please provide your vaccination verification and enrollment number to Frank Leyva <email@example.com> by Nov 30th, 2021.
- Anyone visiting a Tribal department must wear a face mask during their visit.
- Nooksack employees with a direct COVID-19 exposure, vaccinated or not, are expected to quarantine. If exposure occurs at work, admin leave will apply. If exposure occurs outside of work, personal leave will be used.
- All Nooksack Tribe employees and Market Center staff are tested for COVID-19.
- The small community building will be available for use with the requirements of: less than 10 people, use of masks, proof of COVID vaccinations, contact tracing, and no food at the event.
- The Nooksack Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance Program is open. Contact Tiffani Zamudio, Homelessness Resource Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-592-0135.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.