Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments for July
- The Delta variant is continuing to spread in Whatcom County. One dose is not enough protection against the Delta variant, which causes infection at a much higher rate. Make sure to get both doses of Pfizer and Moderna. All unvaccinated Tribal members 12+ are encouraged to call the Clinic at 360-966-2106 or request an appointment online by filling out our contact form.
- Nooksack Council lifts the Shelter In Place Order, with some restrictions still in place. The Health Department and employees who are unvaccinated will continue to wear masks.
- The Northwood Casino has opened the buffet and previously closed sections. The casino anticipates the border reopening. The casino also hosted a J&J vaccine clinic for patrons.
- Newly published results show 90.4% efficacy in preventing COVID-19 for the Novavax vaccine. The study also shows 100% protection against moderate and severe disease. Nooksack, Lummi, and the University of Washington partnered to participate in this Phase 3 clinical trial.
- The Summer Youth Program opens up with all approved safety protocols in place, including policies on masking, transportation, pod groups, etc. Space is limited in the program.
- House of Children (Head Start) has opened with all approved safety protocols in place.
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 emergency distribution funds are available for all enrolled Nooksack Tribal members, all ages, financially impacted by COVID-19. All enrolled Nooksack Tribal members 18+ need to fill out an application.
- The Nooksack Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance Program is now open. Contact Tiffani Zamudio, Homelessness Resource Manager, at email@example.com or 360-592-0135.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.