Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments June 8 – June 21
- Individuals not immunized for COVID-19 could be at significant risk as programs, businesses, and the state continue to move forward with reopening plans. For a vaccine, please call the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or request an appointment online here.
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 emergency distribution funds are available for all enrolled Nooksack Tribal members, all ages, financially impacted by COVID-19. All enrolled Nooksack Tribal members 18+ need to fill out an application.
- The Health Clinic hosts public COVID-19 Vaccine Walk-In Clinics for anyone 12+ Wednesday 6/23 10-4 pm and Thursday 6/24 12-6 pm at the Mí sq’ eq’ ó Community Building. Pfizer 1st & 2nd dose (12+) and Moderna 1st and 2nd dose (18+). No appointment necessary. Tribal members will be prioritized.
- Nooksack Chemical Dependency restarts its methadone transportation services to Island Hospital in Anacortes for opioid treatment. Individuals must be vaccinated for COVID.
- Nooksack Vocational Rehabilitation is proposing to return services with safety precautions in place.
- House of Children (Head Start) has proposed a detailed plan to reopen in July.
- The Nooksack Summer Youth Program has proposed reopening plans for children in July.
- The Council and NPRT have approved students attend the UNITY Conference in Dallas, TX, as long as they are fully vaccinated prior to departure July 1st. Interested youth can contact Keith Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dante Aure at email@example.com.
- The Northwood Casino updates its employee Pandemic Policy to reflect the Tribal government’s employee policy on leave.
- Do you need help with rental assistance? The Nooksack Emergency Rental Assistance Program is now open. Contact Tiffani Zamudio, Homelessness Resource Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-592-0135.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.