Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments May 25 – June 7
- The Nooksack Health Clinic hosts a youth-focused vaccine clinic for ages 12+ 6/2 and 6/3. All fully vaccinated Nooksack youth 12-17 years old will be entered into a raffle for prizes including Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Air Pods, or JBL wireless earbuds. Youth must receive both doses to be entered. Previously vaccinated youth will also be entered.
- Rates of those who have initiated COVID-19 vaccines in the Nooksack Valley and Mount Baker districts are in the 30% range, the lowest in Whatcom County. The Nooksack Tribal Health Officer emphasizes the importance of vaccinations to protect the lives of Tribal members. More infectious variants are emerging as we race to vaccinate.
- Currently anyone 12+ is encouraged to get vaccinated. All Nooksack Tribal members can contact the Health Clinic for a COVID-19 vaccine. Call the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or request an appointment online here.
- Washington announces statewide incentives for everyone who is fully vaccinated.
- The Novavax vaccine trial, the partnership between Lummi, Nooksack, and UW, is winding down with primarily just check-in appointments for participants. A celebration for participants from both tribes took place May 27, 2021.
- The Market Center and Northwood Casino will maintain masking rules for the safety of employees and customers alike, especially with low vaccination rates in the area.
- Safety precaution guidelines for firework stand operators is in progress.
- Tribal Members in need of utility assistance can contact Social Services, for resources and funds at (360) 592-0135. PSE is also offering their COVID Bill Assistance Program.
- Do you need help with rental assistance? The Nooksack Emergency Rental Assistance Program is now open. Contact Tiffani Zamudio, Homelessness Resource Manager, at email@example.com or 360-592-0135.
- With many schools increasing in-person schooling, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.