- As the Delta variant spreads, hospital bed capacity has been high in Whatcom County and across the state.
- Tribal Council approved expanding the Emergency Rental Assistance Program for those directly or indirectly affected by COVID-19. The program has been amended to include employees of the Nooksack Indian Tribe and its entities, as well as Nooksack Indian Tribe descendants. To learn more about the program, contact Tiffani Zamudio, Homelessness Resource Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-592-0135. Information can also be found here.
- Nooksack’s Head Start Program and the Youth Program plan to move forward with reopening, as Tribal Council and the Pandemic Response Team approve plans for next steps.
- The following individuals are being told that they should receive a third dose Pfizer booster: Anyone who received their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine more than six months ago, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are age 65 or older.
- Live in a long-term care facility.
- Are age 50 to 64 and fall into one or more of the following high-risk categories: high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, cancer, chronic lung or kidney disease, dementia, and certain disabilities. Learn more here.
- The Nooksack Tribal Council approved a Vaccination Incentive for all enrolled Nooksack members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you were vaccinated at the Nooksack Health Clinic, no action is required. If you were vaccinated elsewhere, please provide your vaccination verification and enrollment number to Frank Leyva <email@example.com> by Nov 30th, 2021.
- Make sure to get both doses of Pfizer and Moderna. All unvaccinated Tribal members 12+ are encouraged to call the Clinic at 360-966-2106 or request an appointment online by filling out our contact form.
- COVID-19 testing takes place at the Nooksack Health Clinic from 1:30-3:00 pm most afternoons, with no appointment required. Call 360-966-2106 to confirm.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.