Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Apr. 13 – Apr. 19
- The Nooksack Health Clinic has paused administration of the Johnson & Johnson vaccines, following national CDC recommendations. No J&J vaccines have yet to be administered by the Nooksack Clinic, though inventory is on hand. Recommendations come as a small number of reports showed rare and severe blood clots. Vaccines are made differently. J&J is a viral vector vaccine. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use mRNA.
- Breakthrough infections of COVID are possible, though rare, even with those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Please be careful of friends, family, and contractors, or anyone entering your home. Especially those who are unvaccinated.
- The NPRT decides to continue randomized COVID testing for employees who have received the vaccine in an abundance of caution for safe in-person working conditions.
- The NPRT and Council discuss how to safely resume elder grocery shopping trips.
- Student are a large portion of active COVID cases. Nooksack reaches out to area school districts to share information on the public 5-day Pfizer vaccine clinic.
- Any Nooksack Tribal member 16+ can contact the Health Clinic for a COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 vaccines are safe and have been proven to prevent death and hospitalization. Call Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or online appointment requests can be made here.
- With many schools increasing in-person schooling, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.