Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Apr. 20 – Apr. 26
- To protect the community, everyone needs to be vaccinated. All Nooksack Tribal members 16+ can contact the Health Clinic for a COVID-19 vaccine. Call Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or online appointment requests can be made here.
- The Nooksack Health Clinic administered 629 prime doses of the Pfizer vaccine over the 5-day general public clinic. Second doses will also be administered by the clinic. Our nurses and staff have done an outstanding job providing care to our community.
- Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between allergies and COVID-19. Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID by contacting the Health Clinic.
- Beginning May 3rd, the Elders Building will be open for lunch with safety guidelines. Elders must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The current lunch deliveries will end April 30th.
- The Nooksack Indian Tribe Elders Program will be offering grocery shopping trips four times a month for elders in need of transportation. Elders must provide verification of COVID-19 vaccination and follow safety guidelines.
- Breakthrough infections of COVID are possible, though rare, even with those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Please be careful of friends, family, and contractors, or anyone entering your home. Especially with children and those who are unvaccinated.
- Randomized COVID testing for employees continues, even for those who have received the vaccine, in an abundance of caution for safe in-person working conditions.
- With many schools increasing in-person schooling, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.