Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Feb. 23 – Mar. 1
- The Tribal Council updates the Shelter in Place Order summary February 22, 2021.
- The Whatcom County Health Department reports the B.1.1.7 COVID variant (U.K. variant) was found in Whatcom County February 22, 2021. This variant is more easily transmitted. However, Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have not shown decreased efficacy with the B.1.1.7 variant.
- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team and Council update the employee Pandemic Policy to reflect updated information on vaccinations.
- Season flu cases are down due to masking and distancing. COVID cases have also decreased due to vaccinations, weather, and safety precautions.
- Johnson and Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine will provide additional vaccine availability nationwide.
- The Nooksack Clinic will be receiving 100 doses of Pfizer vaccines from IHS to vaccinate youth ages 16-17. The Moderna vaccine allows for administration 18+ years. Please contact the Clinic or fill out our online form here, to be connected directly with a nurse.
- Clinic staff continue to schedule appointments for all phases. Any Nooksack Tribal member is welcome to schedule a vaccine appointment by calling Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106. Online appointment requests can also be made here.
- With many schools meeting in person, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
- The Nooksack Health Clinic is short-staffed and looking to hire a temporary nurse position. To learn more and apply, visit the Tribe’s Human Resources webpage.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.