Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Jan. 26 – Feb. 1
- The Nooksack Tribal Health Clinic is scheduling COVID-19 Moderna vaccine appointments now. The Clinic may be trying to reach you regarding your vaccine appointment. Update your contact information on our website or by phone to insure a call from our staff. For questions call the Nooksack Health Clinic at 360-966-2106.
- The Tribal Council and NPRT work to update the employee Pandemic Policy, specifying exceptions for medical appointments and quantifying a high-risk area.
- The Clinic has hired temporary staff to assist with set-up and take-down of vaccine clinics and medical stations, assisting nursing and clinic staff during a busy time.
- The Nooksack Health Clinic is short-staffed and looking to hire a temporary nurse position. To learn more and apply, visit the Tribe’s Human Resources webpage.
- Tina Cummins, LPN, will be working as a volunteer nurse with the Nooksack Clinic.
- The Novavax Vaccine Trial will stop enrolling new participants around February 8th. Tribal members 20 – 50 years old are encouraged to join Nooksack Vaccine Trial. Younger people may not get offered immunizations with the mRNA vaccines for several months. Native people are 3.5 times more likely to become infected and 1.8 times more likely to die if they get infected over all age groups. Information about participating in the vaccine trial can be found on our website. To enroll call 360-312-2268.
- The community outreach position for the vaccine trial has been hired.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.