Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Mar. 16 – Mar. 22
- All Nooksack Tribal members 16+ are encouraged to contact the Health Clinic for a COVID-19 vaccine, if you have not done so already. COVID-19 vaccines have been proven to prevent death and hospitalization. Call Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or online appointment requests can also be made here.
- COVID variants are now in Whatcom County, and up to 50% more contagious. Vaccines will help prevent the spread of the virus even against the new variants.
- The Nooksack Tribe works toward building community immunity by hosting a 2-day public vaccination clinic on a first-come, first served basis. 170 vaccines were administered by the Health Clinic over the 2-day period.
- Pregnant women considering getting the COVID-19 vaccine should consult with their health care providers.
- The Tribal Council and Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) discuss safety precautions for reopening the Casino buffet as Whatcom County enters Phase 3.
- Similarly, the Elders Program considers a safety plan for opening the elders’ community building for lunch, for those who are now fully vaccinated.
- With many schools meeting in person, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.