Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Mar. 2 – Mar. 8
- The Nooksack Clinic hosts the first youth vaccine clinic with the Pfizer vaccine, approved for ages 16-17. The Moderna vaccine is for ages 18+. For an appointment, contact the Clinic or fill out our online form here, to be connected directly with a nurse.
- The Clinic has flu vaccines available. Please wait two weeks after receiving a COVID vaccine. Call the Clinic (360-966-2106) to schedule an appointment.
- The Council and Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) discuss allocation of further COVID grant funding toward quarantine sheltering, groceries, hygiene support, utility and rental assistance. Some funding is income-based.
- The Nooksack Tribe primarily uses the Moderna vaccine. The Council and NPRT discuss the usefulness of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine for future potential mobile clinics or for those experiencing homelessness.
- Any Nooksack Tribal member is welcome to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment by calling Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106. Online appointment requests can also be made here.
- With many schools meeting in person, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
- The Nooksack Health Clinic is short-staffed and looking to hire a temporary nurse position. To learn more and apply, visit the Tribe’s Human Resources webpage.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.