Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Mar. 23 – Mar. 29
- Any Nooksack Tribal members 16+ can contact the Health Clinic for a COVID-19 vaccine, if you have not done so already. COVID-19 vaccines are safe and have been proven to prevent death and hospitalization. Call Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or online appointment requests can also be made here.
- The Nooksack Elders Program makes plans for safely opening the elders’ community building for lunch, for those who are now fully vaccinated.
- On March 24, 2021 the Nooksack IT hosted a demonstration of SpaceX’s Starlink kits for community leaders working to solve internet access issues across Whatcom County. Nooksack is partnering with Starlink to provide Tribal households most in need with internet access. The Tribal Council is serving as the “Angel Account,” for up to 102 units for the first year of service.
- COVID variants are now in Whatcom County, and up to 50% more contagious. Vaccines will help prevent the spread of the virus even against the new variants.
- With many schools meeting in person, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.