Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments Mar. 9 – Mar. 15
- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) and Tribal Council review the Nooksack Homelessness Resource Program COVID-19 response policy.
- The CDC releases information on those who are fully vaccinated. If it has been 2 weeks since your second dose (Moderna or Pfizer) or 2 weeks since a single dose (Johnson & Johnson) the CDC says:
- You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask.
- You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household without masks, unless they (or anyone they live with) is at risk.
- If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms (unless you live in a group setting).
More information can be found on the CDC website.
- In light of staff becoming fully vaccinated, the employee Pandemic Policy will be amended to reflect CDC guidelines.
- The Council approves the IRB modification for the Novavax vaccine trial to include a cross-over study, in which all participants will have the option to be vaccinated.
- The Council and NPRT discuss further vaccination of those with close social and economic ties to the Tribe, as supplies are available.
- Any Nooksack Tribal member 16+ is welcome to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment by calling Georgiann Perez at the Clinic at 360-966-2106. Online appointment requests can also be made here.
- With many schools meeting in person, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
- The Nooksack Health Clinic is short-staffed and looking to hire a temporary nurse position. To learn more and apply, visit the Tribe’s Human Resources webpage.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.