Nooksack Tribe’s Notable COVID-19 Response Accomplishments May 4 – May 10
- Pfizer vaccines for children 12+ are expected to be approved for use soon. Vaccines for youth are the key to protecting the community from COVID-19.
- The Nooksack Pandemic Response Team (NPRT) and Council discuss ways to encourage more Tribal members to get vaccinated, especially Nooksack youth.
- The Health Department and Dr. James begin work on a community forum on vaccines.
- Currently, anyone 16+ is encouraged to get vaccinated. All Nooksack Tribal members can contact the Health Clinic for a COVID-19 vaccine. Call the Clinic at 360-966-2106, or request an appointment online here.
- The NPRT and Council assess the need for emergency food kits offered by the Department of Agriculture.
- The NPRT and Council discuss updates to the Employee Pandemic Policy based on the current understanding of COVID-19; the safe use of small community building; and potential in-person Council meetings with safety precautions.
- Have you been impacted by COVID-19? Find the Health Department’s COVID Assistance Application on our website to see if you are eligible. Assistance is for Nooksack Tribal members residing in Washington State only, and for impacts incurred after January 1, 2021. Funds will be dispersed until exhausted.
- Do you need help with rental assistance? The Nooksack Emergency Rental Assistance Program is now open. Contact Tiffani Zamudio, Homelessness Resource Manager, at email@example.com or 360-592-0135.
- The Nooksack Elders Lunch Program at the Elders’ Community Building opened this week, for those fully vaccinated and following safety precautions.
- With many schools increasing in-person schooling, parents are encouraged to bring their children of any age in for testing at the Nooksack Clinic, M-F 1:30-3 pm. Please call ahead.
Read the full document here.
Please find all documents on our COVID-19 page.