Effective: February 22, 2021
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Effective immediately on February 22, 2021, the Nooksack Tribal Council amends the shelter in place order to alleviate some restrictions and allow more community activities safely.
WHERE DOES THIS APPLY?
Nooksack Indian Tribe Reservation and all lands held in trust for the Nooksack Indian Tribe (regardless of their location).
ACTIVITIES ALLOWED UNDER THIS SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER:
- Going to work is allowable — wear a mask and social distance
- Indoor gatherings are allowed with maximum of 5 people from outside your household, limit 2 households with social distancing and facemasks.
- Outdoor activities are now allowed with maximum of 15 people from outside of household with social distancing and facemasks.
- Spiritual services are now allowed indoor with maximum of 25% capacity with social distancing and facemasks
- Fishing and hunting is allowed with maximum of 5 people from outside your household, limit 2 households with social distancing and masks.
- Grocery shopping, medical care appointments, pharmacy needs, and banking needs are allowed.
- Children may attend school with mask and social distancing requirements, and health protocols in place.
- Care for a sick and/or elder member is allowed.
Despite the changes mentioned, precautions are still necessary to keep our community safe. Please continue to wear a mask in public or while gathering with anyone outside of your household. Wash your hands frequently. If you are sick, stay home unless you need to seek medical care or get a COVID-19 test.
The government is operating with limited staff and may change the method of service delivery in order to safely provide vital governmental services, such as, food, public safety and medical care. Employees should check with their supervisor for further direction. The Nooksack Tribal Community Buildings will remain closed and unavailable for public use at this time.
Contact the clinic with regard to your medications and clinic hours. If you need medical attention, call the clinic first. BH is available via telephonic or virtual appointments. Please call to set-up an appointment. If you need urgent medical attention, call 9-1-1.
The Market Center is open (please check website for hours of operation). The Northwood Casino is open with COVID screening at entry points.
Please visit the Tribe’s website at nooksacktribe.org or the Facebook fan page for more information.
Nooksack Indian Tribe will continue to provide for the health, safety and welfare of the members in response to mitigating the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read more on our COVID-19 page here. Find Whatcom County updates here.
When it is necessary for you to leave your home, please practice good social distancing, wear a mask in public, take great care to protect our elders, and wash your hands frequently. We cannot stress enough the value of each and every one of our members. Please join us in taking every precaution to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.