The Nooksack Tribal Council is seeking 5 Tribal Members to serve on the Enrollment Advisory Committee
The Council shall appoint five (5) members to the Committee, consisting of no fewer than four (4) Tribal Member Elders and one (1) adult Tribal Member age eighteen (18) or over. The Committee members shall be Nooksack Tribal Members that can best accomplish the purpose for which the Committee was established.
After the first year of the Committee, all terms shall be two years. At the first meeting of the Committee the members shall draw lots from the Committee members to establish an initial term period of one (1) or two (2) years to allow for the start of staggered terms on the Committee.
The regular meetings of the Committee shall be held no less than quarterly.
The purpose of this Committee is to provide information, feedback, and/or recommendations to the Council. The Committee shall only be in an advisory capacity and the subject matter of the Committee will be related to the following:
- Review tribal governing documents concerning enrollment (Tribal Constitution, Base Rolls, Enrollment Ordinance, and other related internal policies and procedures) to provide recommendations for improvements in the best interests of the Tribe;
- Review tribal enrollment records, including tribal roll and individual files to ensure accuracy and completeness and to provide recommendations for improvements in the best interests of the Tribe;
- Consult with enrollment (and related) staff, tribal members and previous applicants to obtain input on tribal processes concerning enrollment related matters and to provide recommendations for improvements in the best interests of the Tribe; and
- Consult with enrollment department staff regarding applications, and current (or proposed) Council agenda items, including new enrollments, relinquishments, blood quantum changes, and disenrollment’s.
No person may be a Commissioner unless they are a duly enrolled member of the Nooksack Tribe.
- Four (4) Tribal Member Elders (55 years and older)
- One (1) adult Tribal Member age eighteen (18) or over.
- Must pass a Drug Test and Background Test prior to appointment.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO THE NOOKSACK HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT: Email to HR@nooksack-nsn.gov or mail to PO Box 157, Deming, WA 98244 or Bring to the Tribal Office.
- Letter of interest expressing why you want to serve on the Enrollment Advisory Committee
- Personal Resume
DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 13, 2020