Read the document here.
The Board of the Corporation shall consist of the following six (6) members:
- The General Manager of the Nooksack Indian Tribe, designated as the CEO of the Corporation.
- The Manger of the Nooksack marijuana operation, to be named hereafter, designated as the Secretary of the Corporation.
- The Chief Financial Officer of the Nooksack Indian Tribe, designated as the Treasurer of the Corporation.
- Three Tribal Members appointed (and designated) by Tribal Council. All members shall be voting members of the Board.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO THE NOOKSACK HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT: Email to HR@nooksack-nsn.gov or mail co PO Box 157, Deming, WA 98244 or bring to the Tribal Office.
- Letter of interest expressing why you want to serve on the Board of NBC III.
- Personal Resume
Meetings: The regular annual meeting of the Board shall be held on a date set by the Board, but not more than one hundred and twenty (120) days following the close of the Corporation’s fiscal year. The regular annual meeting shall be open to all members of the Tribe. Regular or special meetings of the Board may be called upon the request of the Chairperson or any two (2) Board Members.
The purposes for which the Corporation is organized are:
- To engage in any type of lawful business, enterprise or venture having to do with the production, manufacture, distribution, packaging, marketing or sale of marijuana and marijuana-based products;
- To provide for the efficient and effective utilization of the resources of the Tribe in a manner which protects the long-term interests of the Tribe;
- To promote the economic development of the Tribe;
- To accomplish the segregation of tribal business interests, assets and liabilities; and
- To provide a vehicle for the Tribe to accomplish the financing of capital projects located exclusively on Nooksack tribal trust lands used by the Tribe for any purpose.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No person may be a Board member of NBC III unless they are an enrolled member of the Nooksack Tribe.
- Must be over the age of 21
- Free of any Felony (or Tribal equivalent) convictions.
- Must pass a Drug Test and Background Test prior to appointment.
DEADLINE: June 19, 2020