- A last will dictates who will inherit your assets, your IIM account and Tribal trust lands and, most importantly, it will also designate who will care for your minor children.
- A Community Property Agreement puts into writing that you and your spouse’s property belongs to the marital community. Most real assets will automatically transfer to your spouse upon your death.
- A Durable Power of Attorney is used while you are still alive but for some reason unable to take care of your finances. This document will designate a person to help you during incapacitation.
- A Medical Power of Attorney is used while you are still alive as well, but it is to designate a person to help doctors decide what is medically in your best interest.
- A Health Care Directivel Living Will directs doctors on subjects such as “do not resuscitate”.
- A Directive to Family lets your family know your wishes on after-death arrangements (i.e. cremation vs. burial, ceremony, etc).
All information is confidential very little personal information is needed to prepare these documents.
The next Clinic will be held OCTOBER 22ND-24th, 2019
If you are a Nooksack Tribal member and interested in having a Will prepared at NO COST, please contact: Sue at 360-592-4158 x 3354